How can we face the truth even when it’s hard to accept? Mitch Albom, #1 NYT bestselling author, philanthropist, screenwriter, columnist, and songwriter is back to share the lessons about honesty, survival, hope, and love from his new novel, The Little Liar. He talks about how to forgive yourself and others for things that feel so shameful, how to prevent the atrocities from history from repeating, how to have hope even in the darkest moments, and how to be on the side of loving and kindness.
– Join the Quilt Membership Cathyheller.com/quilt
1. Sometimes the truth is tough to face. But we have to make truth a priority. Make it a priority over what you want to hear.
2. We need to allow ourselves to be forgiven and we need to forgive others.
3. The only one side to be on is the side of loving and kindness and making space for everybody.
4. Never again.
5. There are lessons to be learned from all of our times here on earth.
6. The truth is certainly timeless.
7. Even in that worst possible imaginable environment, find something good. Say one good thing that happened that day, just to be reminded of the greatness of the universe. It’s our inclination. As long as we have that within us, there’s a lot of hope for the future, our world and our societies.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.