How can you tap into all the potential inside of you, no matter the stakes? George Mumford, world renowned psychologist, mindfulness & elite performance expert, speaker, and author went from being a struggling addict to a mindfulness coach for legendary athletes like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. He shares the techniques that helped them become champions, like how to move into flow, say yes to adversity, choose the response that aligns with your highest self, and unlock your full capacity.
– Doors close today to Amy Porterfield’s Digital Course Academy! cathyheller.com/amy
– Get your copy of George’s book, Unlocked: Embrace Your Greatness, Find the Flow, Discover Success
– Watch George’s “At Home with George” series on YouTube
– Follow George on Instagram @george.mumford
1. Where your pain is, is where your life is. The hero’s journey doesn’t start with somebody giving you a lottery ticket. It starts with some adversity and the ability to say yes to the adversity, and to learn from it.
2. No matter what happens, you get to choose your response. You get to decide who you’re going to be. You can control what you focus on and how you choose to respond to whatever it is. You can respond with grace and dignity and not lose yourself, no matter what.
3. All you need to succeed is inside. It’s always an inside job. We have this tremendous capacity potential that can be unlocked and developed, but only you can do it. We lock ourselves up, and we can unlock.
4. That which does not kill you, makes you stronger. If you brace your anxieties and move through it, you build resilience. It’s through adversity and difficulty that your latent abilities express themselves.
5. We always have a choice. When we create space between the stimulus and response, we have the freedom and power to choose. So why not choose greatness, goodwill, kindness, compassion, empathy, and joy.
6. When you’re in championship form, you’re not driven by fear or desire, but holding your center and then moving it. You have to accept whatever comes your way and work with it. Embrace your greatness, then you find the flow because it becomes effortless.
7. Say yes to life and then and then move with it. When you follow your bliss, doors will open where there were no doors before. You end up in places you never thought.
8. The only time we have is now. The only one you can be is you, and all you need is love.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.