How can we make an impact in the world through kindness? Patrick McDonnell, creator of award winning comic strip MUTTS, New York Times bestselling author, and artist always knew he was meant to be a cartoonist, but he never would’ve predicted that this path would lead him to collaborate with some of the world’s greatest leaders and create a profound movement. He shares how we can use stories to change people’s hearts, how to stay optimistic and have faith in the universe, why real success is in helping others, and why the ultimate gift is in giving nothing but your presence.
1. The folks that are having fun are the ones who show up with vigor and vitality to take on the next day.
2. If we flex our free will, we can make a positive impact.
3. Living by your passion and figuring out your place is how you make meaning of the world. You have a lot more creative license than you think to make those things happen.
4. There’s a part of us that loves wonder. You don’t really want all the answers. You want to feel like there’s something bigger out there than your brain can compute.
5. Be mindful of how you’re spending your time. Intentionally live your day. Create the space to play with the things that you enjoy and want to reintegrate into your life. Use fun to create a habit that you actually want to do.
6. You can be a change maker and make an impact, and still enjoy your time. A meaningful life and a joyful life can coexist.
7. You’re meant to live your life too.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.