How can you have joy, vitality, and purpose at any age? Dr. Gladys McGarey, centenarian doctor, “mother of holistic medicine”, cofounder of American Holistic Medical Association, and author was becoming a doctor when most women didn’t even have bank accounts, and has spent her life transforming the way we imagine health care and self-care around the world. She shares her 5 L’s to a fully healthy and happy life, how women can reclaim their power, and how to find the evidence that life really is a Wow. Then Cathy helps an entrepreneur who isn’t sure if she’s still feeling called to run her business. You’ll learn how to work smarter instead of harder, how to set a boundary without apologizing for it, and why asking for help is actually an act of giving a huge gift.
– Join Cathy’s Free 5 Day Challenge, May 8-12th! Cathyheller.com/abundant
– Get your copy of Dr. Gladys McGarey’s book, The Well Lived Life: A 102-Year-Old Doctor’s Six Secrets to Health and Happiness at Every Age
1. The first secret to a happy and healthy life is to have something to live for. Each one of us is here for a purpose. It’s our privilege to be able to live this life at this time.
2. Love is the essence of healing.
3. We have this power within us. You have a life force that can overcome pain.
4. Believe in the fact that life really is a wow – but you have to look for it.
5. It doesn’t matter what the people in the cheap seats say. That’s not your problem. It’s only you against yourself.
6. Don’t work harder. Work smarter. Work on your business instead of in your business.
7. When you realize you can set a boundary and you don’t need to feel apologetic or guilty for it…it’s life changing,
8. Change the way you look at having help. When you call people up and you let people feel needed by you, that is such a gift to give them.
9. Instead of telling yourself, “This is going to be a really hard shift,” start saying, “What if it’s so much easier than I thought it would be?” It doesn’t have to be hard. It actually gets to be the easiest thing you’ve done.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.