How can you embody the person you want to become? Nedra Glover Tawwab, licensed therapist, relationship & boundaries expert, NYT bestselling author, and founder and owner of Kaleidoscope Counseling is on a mission to help people improve their relationships with others and themselves by establishing healthy boundaries. She shares how people pleasers can practice not making everyone happy, how to turn affirmations and journaling into your reality, how to stand up for yourself, and how to give yourself the grace to grow.
– Share your feedback with us and get entered into a giveaway! cathyheller.com/share
1. We are the person who needs to jump in and fix the situation. We need to rescue ourselves. It’s not up to anybody else to do that.
2. It takes practice. We have to practice not always making people happy, not always saying the right words. You don’t have to be perfect in your application. You don’t have to get everything right the first time.
3. You are enough because you’re being called to do it.
4. We are epic. We are great. We are remarkable. We are big human beings who can do amazing things. Own it and live in that.
5. Affirmations, journaling, and meditating are all beautiful. But none of those things will work if you do not start to embody and do the things that you’re saying. It comes true when we’re actually practicing that.
6. Live differently. Make different choices. When you’re facing something uncomfortable, stand up for yourself. That’s how you live those affirmations. That’s how you bring those journal pages to life. We want to be a living symbol of what we say and do.
7. We already know what feels best for us. Our deepest work is learning to practice what we know.
8. We all have times where we’re not at our best, but it doesn’t mean that we’re bad people. It just means that we’re continuing to grow.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.