How can making the choice to change your mindset end up saving your life? Dr. Edith Eger, psychologist, Holocaust survivor, and NYT bestseller is back on the podcast with her daughter, psychologist Marianne Engle to share what gifts we can extract from our minds and our lives. They share how to regain power over your mind no matter the situation, stop being the victim, release anything that doesn’t serve you, and wake up every day feeling more joy, excitement, and meaning.
– Get the new edition of Dr. Eger’s book, The Gift: 14 Lessons to Save Your Life
– Follow Dr. Edith Eger on Facebook and Instagram @dr.editheger
– Join Dr. Eger’s online course, Unlocking Your Potential
– More of Dr. Edith Eger at https://dreditheger.com/
1. Give up the “you,” the ego that you created. That’s not who you really are. You are beautiful. You were born to love and most of all, have a passion for life.
2. People only have as much power over you as you allow them. You can’t change the situation, but you can learn to respond rather than react.
3. You deserve to wake up in the morning feeling joy, feeling excited for your day, feeling like life is moving on.
4. Don’t take responsibility for something that happened to you. It’s not your identity. It was something done to you. Refuse to be a victim.
5. Everyone has the capacity to grow. Sometimes growth is just the teensy weensy little change, which leads to another teensy weensy change. If you keep doing that, all of a sudden you’ve gotten from here to there.
6. Being the best version of you can be your destiny. It’s a choice.
7. We don’t know where we’re going. We don’t know what’s going to happen. But just remember that no one can take away what you put in your own mind.
8. Life is about holding on and letting go. Love is the ability to let go. What are you holding onto and what are you willing to let go?
9. Whatever you do, ask yourself, “Is this the best I can do? Is it going to empower me or deplete me?” When you change your mind, you change your life.
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.