When you’ve had your heart broken from rejection and disappointment, how can you have the audacity to dream again? Anjelah Johnson-Reyes, stand-up comedian, actress, podcaster and author never dreamed of being a comedian, but after her “Nail Salon” bit went viral, her life took a complete 180 degree turn. She shares how to say yes to the big opportunities even when your ego is scared, embody who you are, help your inner child believe in the possibilities when your spirit feels crushed, and trust that you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be.
– Buy your tickets to Cathy Heller + Friends Live! at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre, Oct. 20 & 21st Cathyheller.com/cathy-friends
– Join our free podcasting bootcamp! Cathyheller.com/bootcamp– Enter our epic Podcast A Day giveaway for the month of September!
– Get Anjelah’s book, Who Do I Think I Am?: Stories of Chola Wishes and Caviar Dreams
– Say hi to Anjelah on Instagram @anjelahjohnson
– Anjelah.com for her tour dates
– Listen to Anjelah’s podcasts, Ghost Stories with Anjelah and Manjelah wherever you listen to podcasts
1. Believe in yourself and embody who you are.
2. If Gd calls you to something, it doesn’t matter how oversaturated the market is. There are a zillion divine ways it can happen.
3. Say what you’ve already conquered, what you’ve accomplished, what you’ve achieved. Remind yourself of how strong, creative, unique and radiant you are so you can come back to yourself. From that place of feeling grounded and back into alignment with who you are, it’s easier to say yes to the scary things.
4. We mask fear with wisdom. Remove the mask and address the fear that’s there. You have to get close to failure and fear so you can look them in the face and say “You can’t have me.”
5. Remind yourself of all the times you’ve heard yes in your life. You’ll get to a place where you believe another yes is possible and you’re dreaming in color again.
6. Start walking on the road. There’s little blessings for you along the journey that are all part of your plan. You’ve always had what you needed to get home, to your destination. It’s within you, waiting for you to tap in, lock in and go.
7. Gd is aligning the stars exactly where they need to be for you to walk in at the right time. You’re right where you’re supposed to be. Keep showing up for yourself to the best of your ability.
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.