How can you open your eyes to what’s really possible? Julie Solomon, speaker, branding expert, business coach, podcast host, and author is back on the podcast to share the major lessons from her new book Get What You Want, including the 3 A’s that changed her life, how to set boundaries and stop assuming responsibility for other people’s results, what makes a successful pitch, how to accept and love all the parts of you, how to find your purpose, and how to give yourself permission to make the most out of this one life.
– Join Cathy at her retreat in Malibu, August 1-3! Cathyheller.com/retreat
– Get your copy of Julie’s book, Get What You Want: How to Go From Unseen to Unstoppable http://juliesolomon.net/getwhatyouwant
– Signed copies available at https://www.parnassusbooks.net/juliesolomon
– Follow Julie on Instagram @julssolomon
– Check out Julie’s Pitch It Perfect program https://pitchitperfect.net/
– Thanks Zocdoc! Zocdoc.com/dreamjob to download the Zocdoc app to sign-up for free and book a top-rated doctor.
– Thanks Canva! Get a free 45-day extended trial at Canva.me/dreamjob
– Thanks Everlywell! Get 20% off an at-home lab test at Everlywell.com/dreamjob
1. We are worthy to get what we want. There’s no shame in it. Now is the time to claim it. It’s not a dress rehearsal, this is life. Don’t waste it.
2. Love begins with you.
3. Acceptance allows us to come to grips with the notion that there’s a problem that’s part of you and no longer fits. It’s your job and your job only to remove it. You’re responsible for it because it began with you and you can choose to end it with you
4. No matter what you want to do, you have to start learning and walking the path behind someone who has done exactly what you’re trying to do.
5. Don’t assume responsibility for other people’s success or happiness. You can express your own happiness and that is enough. It might give someone else hope or the strength to do the same, but it’s not your responsibility to do that for them.
6. Your why has to be greater than any excuse you’ll have.
7. Allow your passions to grow and evolve with you.
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.