How can you access the unlimited awareness and knowing inside of you? Pete Holmes, standup comedian, actor, writer, cartoonist, and podcaster used to be fixated on the premieres and ratings. But after finding spiritual mentors and anchors, he’s been able to hang onto his sense of self throughout the highs and lows of his career in comedy and television. He shares why having your dream come true isn’t the answer, how to deal with panic and anxiety by welcoming them in, how to reframe meditation, and how to find the peace and happiness already within you.
– Watch Pete’s new show “How We Roll” on CBS, premiering this Thursday, March 31st 9:30 pm ET!
– Listen to Pete Holmes’ podcast You Made It Weird wherever you listen to podcasts!
– Follow Pete on Instagram @peteholmes
– Check out Rupert Spira’s work at https://rupertspira.com/
– Thanks Betterhelp! For 10% off your first month go to Betterhelp.com/dreamjob
1. Follow the dream that’s following you. Follow what puts you in your happiest, most natural in the flow spot.
2. There’s no limit, no boundary to our awareness.
3. Why not surrender and remain. Tell your panic, “Come on in, you’re welcome here.” As soon as you invite it in, it goes away.
4. It doesn’t have to be amazing to start. It’s okay to stink. If people don’t like it, at least you’re moving in the right direction.
5. You lose your identity in the bliss of getting what you want
6. Drop anchor into your sense of self. It’s the only thing that never changes. The knowing that knows your experience is the only consistent element of your existence.
7. You’re not supposed to be good at meditation. It’s a practice of self acceptance and surrender. Close your eyes and witness the expanse of knowing. Whatever your experience, it is known.
8. Our knowing isn’t affected, tainted or dyed by drama in our life. So sink back into the knowing. Start at the destination and you stay there. You are the peace and happiness that you’re looking for.
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.