What can you learn from our biggest regrets? Daniel Pink, #1 New York Times bestselling author went on a quest to collect almost 17,000 regrets from people in over 105 countries, and put his findings in his new book, The Power of Regret. He shares what he discovered about the 4 core regrets, how to get clear on your purpose for any dream you have, why you should always reach out, and how our regrets can make us become the person we want to be.
– Join Made for Millions (it starts tomorrow!) Cathyheller.com/millions
– Get your copy of Dan’s new book, The Power of Regret https://www.danpink.com/the-power-of-regret/
– More of Dan’s books + work at https://www.danpink.com/
– Follow Daniel Pink on Twitter @danielpink
– Thanks BetterHelp! Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/dreamjob
– Thanks Ettitude! Get 20% off your order plus free shipping at ETTITUDE.com/DREAMJOB
– Thanks Coinbase! New users can get $10 in free Bitcoin at Coinbase.com/dreamjob.
1. It’s good to have a portfolio of emotions. They don’t define us, but they’re here for a reason. Emotions tell you something. It’s information. Feeling is for thinking.
2. Always reach out. If you’re wondering if you should reach out, then you should.
3. Our lives are an interplay between ourselves and others. There’s learning, experience, and love we can get from other people.
4. The question that keeps you up at night shouldn’t be “What do people think of me,” but “‘I’m only alive for this fleeting, finite amount of time. Am I going to use it well or squander it?”
5. Test your limits. Be a better version of yourself than you were yesterday.
6. Be a beginner again. Embrace the learning potential.
7. Even if you don’t succeed in the riskier path, you won’t regret it.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.