What makes a human and artist like Paul Simon have such an incredible legacy? Malcolm Gladwell, bestselling author, Revisionist History podcast host, and Pushkin cofounder is back with writer and Broken Record cohost Bruce Headlam to reveal what they discovered about the Grammy award winning singer songwriter during the creation of their audio biography, Miracle and Wonder. They share how Paul Simon has allowed himself to evolve in his six decade career, why it’s important to take risks, what possibilities you can create by following what piques your curiosity, and how to embrace the beauty in ordinariness.
– Join Cathy’s Ready for Millions Retreat! Details + application at https://cathyheller.com/ready
– Listen to Miracle and Wonder at https://miracleaudiobook.com/
– Listen to Revisionist History https://revisionisthistory.com/ and Broken Record brokenrecordpodcast.com
– More Pushkin shows at Pushkin.fm
– Thanks Territory Foods! save $75 across your first three orders, and get free shipping, go to TerritoryFoods.com, code DREAMJOB
– Thanks Amazon Music! Try Amazon Music Unlimited free for 30 days at Amazon.com/DREAMJOB30
– Thanks June’s Journey! Download June’s Journey free today on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
1. There’s a gift in the resistance. Use that as the driver to keep going, reinvent, and try different things.
2. Connecting with an audience on a consistent basis requires taking risks. Keep trying until you find something that connects.
3. Team up with people who want to experiment as much as you do.
4. All of the world’s cultural offerings are yours to sample. The world is your oyster.
5. There’s a freedom in failure and experimentation.
6. Follow what interests you.
7. Don’t rank your moments. As long as you’re engaged with what you’re doing and enjoying it, then right now is the best time.
8. There’s beauty in the ordinariness.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.