How can you reclaim your attention when your mind is constantly pulled in a million directions? Dr. Amishi Jha, neuroscientist, professor of psychology, and author discovered a new approach to all of life’s moments when she entered the world of mindfulness. She shares how you can refocus on the moment to be more present, narrow in on the things that matter to you, sit through the discomfort and noise, and build a 12 minute daily meditation practice that can create lasting change and fulfillment.
– Special Black Friday deal! Join the first call of Lit Up for just $25! Cathyheller.com/bf
– Read Amishi’s book Peak Mind! http://bit.ly/amishipeakmind
– Get Amishi’s course at https://www.mindful.org/ (type “Amishi Jha” in the search bar)
– More of at https://amishi.com
– Thanks Jiminys! Save 20% on your first purchase at jiminys.com/DREAMJOB, code DREAMJOB20
– Thanks Ouai! Get 15% off theOuai.com, code dreamjob
– Thanks CrowdHealth! Get your first month free at JoinCrowdHealth.com/fit, promo code DreamJob
– Thanks GoodRx! Start saving up to 80% on your prescriptions at goodrx.com/DREAMJOB
1. Attention is the fuel we need in order to do very everyday things and important things. It’s a superpower.
2. When we take a broader container view of our experience, we feel more capable of handling anything that’s happening to us.
3. Pay attention to present moment experience without editorializing or reacting to it. Stay here without clicking on the next link.
4. Accept the way there.
5. Focus. Notice. Redirect.
6. The only way we can have positive, enduring change and lasting fulfillment is through every moment of our lives. The lasting part is the active, effortful redirect – and we have to practice that.
7. Disabuse yourself from the notion of “clearing the mind” or having an eternal blissful experience. The real win is owning your own attention.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.