How can you push aside your excuses and use the resources you have right now to build an incredible business? Daymond John, founder & CEO of FUBU and The Shark Group, Shark Tank judge, bestselling author, and motivational speaker began his multibillion dollar company by selling hats on a street corner, working at Red Lobster, and never losing sight of the possibilities ahead. He teaches you how to get back up after being rejected, turn critics into ambassadors, create engaging content even when you’re scared to show up, and make every day an opportunity to learn.
– Apply for Cathy’s Ready for Millions program! CathyHeller.com/ready
– Sign up for Daymond’s course, The 7-Day Power-Packed Reels Campaigns for Small Businesses Blueprint! Register for the VIP list at MasteringReels.com
– Follow Daymond John on Instagram and Twitter @thesharkdaymond
– Thanks Indeed! Free $75 credit to upgrade your post at Indeed.com/dreamjob
– Thanks Territory Foods! Save $75 across your first three orders + free shipping at Territoryfoods.com, code DREAMJOB.
– Thanks Away! Awaytravel.com/dreamjob to start your 100-day trial
1. Educate yourself every day. We’re always learning.
2. Take inventory. What time, friends, books, courses, mentors, do you have access to today, right now? Your inventory is right there.
3. Don’t assume there’s a magic pill to solve all your problems. At the end of the day, the business falls on you. No one will care about it as much as you do.
4. When you’re vulnerable, people will fight for you. Invite them to jump on the train with you and ride with you.
5. Any opinion, good, bad or indifferent, is an investment. Customer complaints are a chance to turn them into ambassadors.
6. You’ll get knocked down, but if you’re proud of what you do, then who cares? But you will absolutely regret it if you never start.
7. Put in the time, whether it’s making 50 calls or writing 2 tweets. Every single thing that’s been created started with one person with one idea and took one action. It can be done. Use whatever you have at hand. Just start.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.