How can you figure out what gets you most excited, puts you in the flow, and gives you tremendous meaning? Jonathan Fields, bestselling author, producer, top podcaster, founder / CEO / Chief architect of Spark Endeavors is back on the podcast to share how his new assessment tool can help you figure out your Sparketype, your unique imprint for work that makes you come alive. He explains how to find out what lights you up, what’s the true definition of your ikigai, and how to spend the rest of your life doing the thing that fulfills your deepest impulse.
– Enter the giveaway for a chance to win some fun goodies! https://www.cathyheller.com/giveaway
– Take the assessment and get your Sparketype results! https://sparketype.com/
– Get your copy of Jonathan’s book, Sparked https://sparketype.com/book/
– Listen to Jonathan’s podcast, Good Life Project wherever you listen to podcasts!
– Thanks Wondery! Listen to Uncommon Ground on Amazon Music, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
– Thanks Territory Foods! Save $75 across your first three orders at Territoryfoods.com, promo code DREAMJOB.
– Shoutout to our friend Tracy Matthews! Listen to Cathy’s episode on Tracy’s podcast + get your free guide The Ultimate Online Marketing Guide for Makers, Designers, and Retailers at FlourishThriveAcademy.com/Cathy
1. We’re not made any promises that we get to come home at night. So we have to wake up and do something that feels truly nourishing to us.
2. There’s a deeper impulse in you that opens up a universe of ways, new channels, new forms, new media, and new conduits of expression.
3. The thing that you’re here to do is in the way that you show up and invest your energy.
4. The ikigai is literally the thing that gets you out of bed in the morning. It’s the deeper impulse that lives inside of you. It’s your sense of purpose.
5. Reimagine and reinvent. That will very often get you way closer to that feeling that you want to feel.
6. You might have to work a little bit harder in the beginning. But in the long run, you’ll have so much more freedom to explore nearly anything that you want to do and bring that impulse to.
7. Start this journey of self discovery by asking yourself, “What are the things I love so much that I lose all sense of time when I’m doing it?”
8. Sit down from a place of genuine curiosity and with the expectation that everybody can be your teacher.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.