How can your creations help others to be and love their true eccentric self? Brandi Carlile, multi Grammy winning singer-songwriter, producer, and NYT bestselling author has always loved music, but her love for people was the real impetus for her entire journey. She shares how to create community, what inspired her new album In These Silent Days, how you can embrace your gifts to be an advocate and an ally, and why you need to write your story.
– Join the Insiders Club for exclusive minisodes and behind the scenes content! https://cathyheller.com/insider
– Listen to Brandi’s new album In These Silent Days
– Follow Brandi on Instagram @brandicarlile
– Read Brandi’s memoir Broken Horses
– Thanks Cove! Go to WithCove.com/DREAMJOB for 50% off your first month of medication and free 2 day shipping.
– Thanks Miro! Miro.com/dreamjob to start your free account
– Thanks Betterhelp! For 10% off your first month go to Betterhelp.com/dreamjob
– Thanks Truebill! Truebill.com/DREAMJOB – it could save you hundreds a year.
1. It starts with people first.
2. Create a community. Find people to collaborate with, no matter their skill level. Be part of a scene. You can’t do it all by yourself.
3. Recognize your ego, then thank it and let it go.
4. Write the story of your life, even if it’s just for you. You won’t believe how interesting you are.
5. Make decisions that you think are awesome, even if they’re eccentric. It’s okay to be different from everyone else.
6. There’s not just one way to help. We all have different strengths and abilities.
7. Look to your artists and leaders you can believe in. Look to yourself and ask “How can I help? What gifts have I been given?” Then take it and run with it.
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.