How can you push through your fears at every step of building a business? Alli Webb (founder of Drybar, Squeeze, Okay Humans, Becket and Quill) and Lori Harder (founder of Lite Pink), serial entrepreneurs and podcast hosts of Girlfriends in Business return to the show to share their best advice on how to deal with self doubt, build a genius brand, use money as a tool to take yourself and your customer to the next level, stop apologizing for who you are, and own your superpower.
– Join our free podcast bootcamp! It starts today 9/20 @ 10 am PT! https://cathyheller.com/bootcamp
– Listen to Alli and Lori’s podcast, Girlfriends in Business wherever you listen to podcasts!
– Follow Alli on Instagram @alliwebb and Lori @loriharder
– Listen to Alli’s podcast Raising the Bar wherever you listen to podcasts!
– Listen to Lori’s podcast Earn Your Happy wherever you listen to podcasts!
– Alli’s businesses: Drybar https://drybar.com, Squeeze https://www.squeezemassage.com, OkayHumans https://www.okayhumans.com, Becket and Quill https://www.becketandquill.com
– Lori’s Lite Pink new rose wine seltzer https://litepink.com/
– Thanks Amazon Music! Try Amazon Music Unlimited free for 30 days, at Amazon.com/DREAMJOB30
– Thanks GoodRX! Start saving up to 80% on your prescriptions today at GoodRX.com/DREAMJOB
– Thanks Novo! Sign up for free and get a free copy of Novo’s Small Business Starter Guide at BankNovo.com/DREAMJOB
1. The most important first step is joining a community where it’s safe to speak out about what you want to do. Start talking about it as much as possible. Proclaim it, get it out there, say what you really want, and ask to be held accountable.
2. Life is short. You’ll always second guess yourself if you don’t at least try. If it doesn’t work, lick your wounds and move on. Everything will work out the way it’s supposed to.
3. Leverage your network. Be a person who gives to other people. We all need a support system.
4. Exhaust every possibility and opportunity to make this happen. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, it’s a learning experience to inform what’s coming next.
5. Money is the coolest thing ever. It makes the world go round. It enables us to do more good and level up the people we’re working with.
6. Don’t be sorry. Be you. Practice and see what it feels like to not apologize.
7. Speak to where your audience is at now, and speak clearly to how they’ll feel later through the experience you give them.
8. When you follow what you love and see it through, you realize how much you’re capable of doing.
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.