How do you keep believing in your dream after years of rejection? Jamie Kern Lima, founder of IT Cosmetics, speaker, and author of Believe It spent years hearing no after no. But she never let the opposition stand in the way of her purpose to empower women by redefining beauty. She shares how to let your deeper Why fuel you, why you are already qualified to follow your calling, why some rejections are actually a blessing, and how to make the decision to believe in yourself.
– Buy Jamie’s book Believe It! https://www.believeit.com/
– Follow Jamie Kern Lima on Instagram @jamiekernlima
– Listen to Jamie’s first time on the podcast https://bit.ly/jamiekernlima
– Thanks Indeed! Get a free $75 credit at Indeed.com/dreamjob
– Thanks Purple! Get 10% off any order of $200 or more at Purple.com/dreamjob10, code dreamjob10.
– Thanks Skillshare! Skillshare.com/dreamjob for a free trial of Premium Membership.
– Thanks Babbel! Get 6 months for the price of 3 at Babbel.com, code dreamjob.
1. Where you come from does not determine where you’re going.
2. Every single person has what it takes to go from underestimated to unstoppable. But first you have to decide that you want to. Decide that you believe that you can.
3. Every single thing that’s been built, created, or done in the world was created by someone just like you and me.
4. Stand for something, even when it’s not easy.
5. No one can tell you that you’re not the right fit. Our own calling is always stronger than any opposition. It comes down to which one you decide to listen to.
6. Sometimes the hardest no’s in life are serendipitous in grace.
7. Just because an idea has already been done doesn’t mean it’ll impact your ability to do it and succeed. Show up authentically as you are. No one can do it the way you can.
8. You don’t have to be a lone wolf. You are worthy of having another person show up for you.
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.