How do you get unstuck when you’re overwhelmed about finding your calling? Christy Wright, bestselling author, host of The Christy Wright Show, and Dave Ramsey personality has not only helped millions of women with their business, but she’s also become a lighthouse to guide them through their journeys in personal development and faith. She shares how to pick one thing when you’re lacking clarity with your ideas, create content that brings value to your customers, stop apologizing for selling, and turn unimpressive beginnings into impressive success.
– Join the Arrive Community! cathyheller.com/arrivecommunity
– Apply to win a spot on the show & free coaching with Cathy! cathyheller.com/callin
– Thanks New Yorker! Get 12 weeks of The New Yorker for just $6 at Newyorker.com/dreamjob
– Thanks ShipStation! Get a Free 60 day trial at Shipstation.com, code dreamjob
– Thanks Indeed! Get a Free $75 credit at Indeed.com/dreamjob– Thanks Bombas! Get 20% off your first purchase at Bombas.com/dreamjob
1. You have a lot of talents and gifts, and there are a lot of needs you can serve. Just pick one and start with it. You don’t have to sign away your life. You can choose and try one thing, then iterate, change, adapt and pivot.
2. The impressive things in life start as unimpressive things. Take one little step. Post one blog, get one customer. It not only validates your business in a tiny way, but it gets income into your business and does a world of difference for your confidence.
3. Take care of your 2 customers instead of focusing on getting the 2 million. If you wait until you have success to commit, you’ll have neither. You have to commit before you have success if you want to ever have success.
4. Anything you put out anywhere should answer the question your customer is always thinking – “what’s in it for me?” Don’t make content about you. Make it about them. When you do that, they will naturally share and spread the word.
5. Money is amoral. It’s not good, it’s not bad. It’s a tool that can be used for good or bad. The more money you make, the more you can grow, the more people you can help, and the more impact you can make.
6. You don’t need to apologize when you’re serving the marketplace. Believe in your business and be aggressively confident.
7. Business is never about you. Focus on what you can give, not what you can get.
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.