When you hit a failure or rejection, how do you redirect to the path of success? Drew and Jonathan Scott (aka the Property Brothers), entrepreneurs, designers, bestselling authors, and twin TV personalities on HGTV always loved entertaining through acting and magic tricks. But when the doors weren’t opening, they found a different way to serve through their passion and purpose. They share their wisdom on why you shouldn’t worry about your 5 year plan, how to take control of your destiny and create your own opportunities, how failure can become part of your growth cycle, and why being yourself is the best gift you can give to the world.
– Join Made to Do This! madetodothis.com
– Watch the season 7 premiere of Brother vs. Brother on September 9th at 9/8 CT on HGTV!
– Listen to At Home with Linda and Drew Scott wherever you get your podcasts!
– https://thescottbrothers.com for more of Jonathan and Drew
– Check out what our MTDT grads are doing!
– Jillian Soprano https://www.studiosoprano.com/better-mail
– Nadine Kenney Johnstone https://nadinekenneyjohnstone.com/
– Thanks Indeed! Free $75 credit at Indeed.com/dreamjob
– Thanks Fiverr! 10% off your first order at Fiverr.com, code dreamjob.
– Thanks Fundrise! First 90 days of advisory fees waived at Fundrise.com/dreamjob
1. Be yourself and have fun.
2. When you’re passionate about something, go all in.
3. No one will go out of their way to make you a success. It’s on you. Find the opportunities to put yourself out there and take a risk.
4. Failure is one of key components to success. If you learn from any trips along the way, it’s not a failure. It’s part of the growth cycle.
5. Put the little distractions aside. Break down the big vision into achievable chunks.
6. Be honest about your strengths and weaknesses. There’s no shame in identifying your weaknesses. It means you can identify how to resolve it.
7. If someone says you can’t do it, go find 5 ways to do it. Never let someone stand in the way of your passion.
8. No matter how hard you try to know where you’ll be in 5 or 10 years, you won’t figure it out. You’ll change your mind, you’ll live your life. So don’t worry about it.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.