How can you get out of your own way and see through the lies you tell yourself? Dave Hollis, CEO of the Hollis Co, author, speaker, coach, and podcast host was at the top of the career ladder, but felt unfulfilled when there was no room left to grow. So he dropped his ego, joined the Hollis Co, and has led the company to incredible growth. He shares how to bring your struggle into the light, serve your customers by offering overwhelming amounts of value, change your relationship with failure, and raise your capability to survive the hardest challenges.
– Join the book club! cathyheller.com/bookclub
– Sign up for our newsletter cathyheller.com/newsletter
– Thanks Shipstation! Try 60 days free at Shipstation.com, code dreamjob
1. Your struggle does not make you less than or weak. It is a reflection of your humanity. Bring it into the light.
2. Let go of your ego. No one is paying attention to what you’re doing.
3. Overwhelm your audience with free value. Offer value, offer value, offer value, then ask for something.
4. You should believe so much in the value of what you’re creating, that it would be a disservice to not make it available.
5. If you do not fail, you can’t grow. If you don’t grow, you can’t be fulfilled. So if you want fulfilment, you have to change your relationship with failure.
6. Push yourself to go beyond what you think you can handle. Even if you struggle, even if you fall and have to get back up, it will reframe your capacity to do hard things.
7. If you’re willing, you will develop new parts of business and new ways of connecting with customers because of the hard times we’re sitting inside of, not despite of.
8. You have a unique life experience and a unique set of skills. Your world needs you to pursue your gift.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.