How can you execute your vision and create the best experience for your customer? Jaclyn Johnson, founder and CEO of Create & Cultivate, podcaster and bestselling author of WorkParty almost went back to a day job after her first company nearly burned her out. But she decided to bet on herself, and now she’s built an empire where she can lead other female founders to build the business of their dreams. She shares the importance of thoughtfulness when things don’t go as planned, the best basic tenets of starting any business, and the reason why we should all be like horses and race with blinders on.
– Get your $50 ticket to Arrive! Buy Cathy’s book Don’t Keep Your Day Job and email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of the receipt so we can send you the coupon code.
– Follow Cathy on Instagram @cathy.heller for giveaways and to join her upcoming book club
– Thanks Honeybook! Honeybook.com/dreamjob for 50% off your first year
1. Be thoughtful. Making the effort to give your customers a good experience goes a long way.
2. Execute. No one is going to care about this as much as you do.
3. Start by starting.
4. There’s a reason why horses race with blinders on. Bet on yourself. Keep your eye on the prize.
5. Failure is just a series of data points. Use them, learn from them, and move on.
6. Marketing is emotional human connection.
7. You won’t be for everyone. But know what you can do for the people who want to show up for you.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.