How do you find the permission to let done be better than perfect? James Victore, artist, designer, and author of Feck Perfuction launched his career by expressing his true opinions in his work, and not apologizing for it. He shares how to start before you’re ready, how to experience life instead of cycling through comfy habits, how to get paid for being you, and why the things that make you weird are really what make you shine.
– Preorder Cathy’s book! dontkeepyourdayjob.com/book
– Thanks Skillshare! Skillshare.com/dreamjob2 for 2 Free months
– Thanks Gusto! 3 months free with your first payroll at gusto.com/DREAMJOB
– Thanks Simple Health! simplehealth.com/dreamjob or use promo code dreamjob for your free prescription
– Thanks Fiverr! FIVERR.com and code dreamjob for 10% off your first order
Don’t try to work someone else’s job. Find YOUR job.
There’s no ritual that says “you’re in charge now.” You already have permission.
Embrace what made you weird as a kid. Those things are what make you great now.
Don’t poo-poo your gifts. You can let it be easy.
You’ll never feel ready. The timing will never be right. So just go. Done is so much better than perfect.
You have no friends. You have no enemies. You only have teachers.
In the particular lies the universal. Someone out there is interested in the things that interest you.
It’s not about work, it’s about play. That’s where the magic happens.
Follow James on Instagram @jamesvictore
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.