What does it take to build your own successful freelance career? Joy Cho, designer, blogger, author, creator, and founder of Oh Joy! has navigated the seas of freelancing before her business took off. She explains how to pitch yourself to brands for collaborations, what you need to know about healthcare as a self-employed creative, and how to turn the constant social media comparisons into inspiration.
– Download this week’s cheat sheet! https://dont-keep-your-day-job.mykajabi.com/joy-cho
– Join a local DKYDJ meetup group! dontkeepyourdayjob.com/meetup-groups
– Last chance for $99 tickets to Dreamtopia Workshop! dreamtopiaworkshop.com and code FLASHSALE
– Thanks Skillshare! Skillshare.com/dreamjob2 for 2 months for Free
– Thanks LegacyBox! Legacybox.com/dreamjob for 40% off your order
– Thanks Daily Harvest! daily-harvest.com and code Dreamjob for three Free Daily Harvest cups
Don’t wait for opportunities to fall on your lap. Go out and make the pitch.
Nothing is going to give you courage more than the desire to accomplish that dream.
Do your research. Know how you fit with a brand and how you’ll bring a change for them.
Focus on your niche. Find the intersection of what you’re good at, and what you love.
Rejection happens to everyone. Use it as a chance to learn.
If you have a voice, if you have something to say – you have the ability to share it. What you do with it is up to you.
Don’t compare yourself to the people already out there. Use them to fuel your fire.
Pay attention to what content makes you feel good. Then create something that’ll light up that feeling in someone else.
You be you. You have your own speciality, your own style. Even if you don’t know what it is yet, it’s already there inside of you.
Joy Cho’s books:
Get more healthcare info here
Instagram account @ihaveathingwithfloors
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.