How can you sit with your feelings and let them fuel your creativity? Dani DiPirro, author, blogger, illustrator, and creator of Positively Present was in a dark place when she realized that happiness was not going to be her solution – but instead, having a little more awareness and positivity. She shares how you can transform your negative thoughts, what makes you stand out the most, how to lose the shame around whatever you’re feeling, and why sharing your emotions through art is one of the healthiest escapes you can take.
– Download the free cheat sheet for this episode! https://dont-keep-your-day-job.mykajabi.com/dani-dipirro
– Buy your $150 ticket to Dreamtopia Workshop! Use code VALENTINE at dreamtopiaworkshop.com
– Join a local DKYDJ meetup group! dontkeepyourdayjob.com/meetup-groups
– Pre-order the book Don’t Keep Your Day Job! dontkeepyourdayjob.com/book
– Thanks Kopari! Koparibeauty.com/dreamjob to save $5 off your first order when you subscribe
– Thanks BioClarity! Bioclarity.com and code dreamjob for 40% off skincare routines & an additional 15% off EVERYTHING on their website
– Thanks Robinhood Get a FREE stock at dreamjob.robinhood.com.
You don’t have to do the craziest thing to be unique. Just do what feels true to you.
Take people on your journey. There’s no need to be an expert just to share your experience.
Be aware of how much negativity you put in your day. Don’t think, “This sucks.” Think, “How can I make this better?”
Consistency is key. Stick with your level of commitment.
Be authentically you. When your work is originally yours, it will always stand out.
Let yourself feel the anxiety, the stress, the sadness. But remember that it’s not going to last forever.
Talk it out. The worst thing you can do is avoid or hide the darkness.
Let creativity be your healthy escape, your outlet to express all that you feel and who you are.
Positivelypresent.com, Dani’s blog
Books by Dani DiPirro, including…
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.