With more than 700 million users on Instagram, how do you find your own tribe of followers? How can Instagram help your business? Jasmine Star, photographer, blogger, and Instagram connoisseur had no experience, no education – and not even a camera when she decided to try wedding photography. But within the first 15 months, she had a six-figure business and a massive online community. She shares how to curate shareable content, why the feed algorithm loves live video, and why we should always have a goal to impact other lives – even if it’s just one.
Thanks Elysium! Go to TryBasis.com/dreamjob and get your first month of a 6 or 12 month subscription free with code dreamjob. See website for complete details.
Thanks LeTote! Go to Letote.com/select and promo code DREAMJOB at checkout for an additional $25 purchase credit toward your first box.
Thanks Freshbooks! Get a 30 day free trial by going to FreshBooks.com/dreamjob and enter Don’t Keep Your Day Job in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
Thanks Bon Appetit! Give a subscription to Bon Appetit magazine for $5 off. Go to bonappetit.com/getBA and use code dreamjob
1. You are enough. Don’t avoid pursuing something just because you don’t know it.
2. It’s better to serve 2 people instead of trying to reach 200 people. When you genuinely care about people you’re serving, your business will grow like wildfire.
3. Identify the 9 to 12 categories that pertain to your service. Give people a better understanding of what you do and who you are.
4. You have to be the smartest, or most educated – you just have to care.
5. Give yourself grace. Do the things that you think you’ll do in retirement NOW.
6. Jump and the net will appear.
7. Highlight your business without talking about your business. Don’t just say that your product is great. Tell your audience how it will help, empower, and educate them.
8. Growth is the strongest indicator that you’re on the right path.
9. Make the decisions, learn from mistakes and learn from successes. Keep running because no matter what, it’ll be okay.
Jasmine Star’s website
Get her social media monthly plan at Mysocialcurator.com
Dale Carnegie on being interested in others: “You can make more friends in two months by becoming more interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you.”
Read about gold plated grit in Rising Strong by Brené Brown
How to use Facebook Live tips & best practices
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.