How can you align with your wildest, most wonderful dream self? Poppy Jamie, founder of Happy Not Perfect, author, entrepreneur, and podcaster was stuck in a cycle of workaholism, people pleasing, and chronic exhaustion until she finally decided to reevaluate her definition of happiness. She shares how to live with love instead of fear, get connected to yourself when you’re overwhelmed, harness the power of pausing, and create a happy life.
– Download the free Dream Goal Tracker Worksheet! http://cathyheller.com/dream
– Follow Poppy on Instagram @poppyjamie
– Read Poppy’s book Happy Not Perfect https://poppyjamie.com/happy-not-perfect/
– Listen to Not Perfect Podcast with Poppy Jamie wherever you listen to podcasts!
– Thanks Betterhelp! Get 10% off your first month at Betterhelp.com/dreamjob
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
1. We’re all like little birds on twigs, terrified of the thought that the twig beneath us is about to break. But we all have wings that can fly us to the next twig.
2. You are not your emotions. They’re temporary, like clouds that pass by.
3. Between the stimulus and response, there’s a space. In that space is our power and our freedom.
4. Be committed to your future best self, instead of the current situation that’s taking you off course.
5. You can bend around any challenge and create a better shape afterwards.
6. When we trust that we have the strength and tools inside of us, we can live life leading with love instead of fear.
7. We’re each a ray of light in our own way.
8. Life is never going to be perfect – but that’s the fun of it.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you’d like to advertise with us, click here.